CSEA legal service program plan
Why was the plan created?
You and your family have worked a long time to own your home, put away retirement money, and provide for children and aging parents. Protection of life savings, the family residence, and your children’s inheritance can be threatened. Events such as illness or disability requiring long-term care can happen to you, your spouse, your child or other parents at any time.
As a CSEA member you are entitled to legal consultation, guidance, document preparation and, where needed, representation pertaining to estate planning and Medicaid eligibility. Events and circumstances and each person’s life set the stage for decisions that had to be made. Knowledge of available options to assist in making the decision is critical.
This is where the experience and knowledge of attorneys who specialize in elder law, estate planning and Medicare/Medicaid eligibility becomes intolerable.
What can the plan do for me and my family?
The CSEA plan attorneys well:
- Me with you to review your present situation and make recommendations as to what you should do immediately.
- Prepare necessary legal documents such as Will, power-of-attorney, health care proxy, family trust, living trust.
- Counsel you with respect to estate tax planning strategies, IRA and pension funding planning, guardianships, long-term care insurance options, asset protection in face of catastrophic illness.
Represent you in the Medicare/Medicaid application process, probate estate administration.
Why should take advantage of this plan?
Whether you are over 50 or not, life’s events can threaten your savings, your home, your plans for the future at any time and without warning. As a CSEA member you can have access to quality legal advice and services at discounted fees. It is in your best interest to consider using this plan now before something happens if you did not plan for.
Available services include:
- Low-cost wills, powers of attorney, health-care proxies tailored to protect family assets and homesteads
- Reduced fee trust agreements, deeds, Medicaid eligibility services
- Crisis related consultations
- Non-crisis related consultations and pre-crisis planning
- On-going annual trust services
- Information and publications
- Educational seminars